Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Gagaween

Man, Kevin is HORRIBLE at keeping up this blog.  I know for a fact that he has been having fun over in England, so you think he could share it with everyone else, but Nooooo.

 

Anyways, as previously mentioned, when people find out that Kevin is not currently living with me, they always comment on how lonely I must be.  While I will admit that Roo and Jackson are extremely entertaining, conversations with them tend to be one sided.  However, I have managed to effectively fill my time for the past few months in preparation for Halloween.

Now anyone who knows me knows that I love three things:

1) costume parties

2) dancing

3) Lady Gaga

So, when I decided to throw another Halloween party after last years success, and make it a Rock Star theme complete with dancing and a costume or two, it was bound to be a success.

I actually decided to be Lady Gaga for Halloween on November 1, 2009.  I then spent the next 10 months watching and rewatching Lady Gaga music videos, trying to get inspiration for my costume.  While I love Paparazzi (mmm Alexander Skarsgard), I  couldn’t find a easy to make costume from that video. image

Puss Puss Askars.

Not content to buy a Gaga costume and after much debate over wether to be LoveGame Gaga or Telephone Gaga, I finally settled on BOTH. 

image image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lovegame Gaga was the easiest.  The purchase of  wicked sweet white moto jacket and  white body suit started the look.  Add a “chain mail” headscarf which I cleverly made out of a silver mesh fabric, a pair of glasses made out of chicken wire and a disco stick and voila.

halloween 001 halloween 003 halloween 005

While I loved my LoveGame Gaga, my favorite by a long shot was the Telephone costume.  I made the costume completely from scratch with the use of a shower curtain, block of florist foam, seam tape, fabric stiffner,  cross stitch thread and a glue gun.  Several glue gun burns later and one frightened grey schnauzer hiding from the scary monster – Chef Gaga was born.

halloween 062 halloween 067

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In all, there was singing, dancing and general ridiculousness.  Also, everyone stepped up and had some fantastic costumes.  The only sad part was that Kevin was not there to share in the merriment.  Don’t worry Kevin – next year you can join in the fun with our Movie Themed Party.  I’m already working on costume ideas….

halloween 046 halloween 001 halloween 004 halloween 013 halloween 015 halloween 019 halloween 025 halloween 035

image

Dancing is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment