Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Living La Vida Lester 2.0

Amanda has headed back home after her first visit and I am going to try to keep the lesteruk blog going in her absence. Not a whole lot has happened since she left but I wanted to at least post something to let you all know that I am going to try to keep up with the blogging.

Stay tuned for some picture and a description of my upcoming walk across the sands to Piel Island. This is a small island that is situated at the tip of Furness Peninsula. At low tide the water completely drains from the bay and it is a short 1 hour walk from Walney (an island connected to Barrow by a bridge) to the island. Once out there I will see some ruins and have a pint or 4 at the only pub on the island.

http://www.pielisland.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. What happens when the tide comes in? I guess you get stuck at the pub. Not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete