Thursday, September 3, 2009

Have Fun Storming the Castle!

9-03-09 0039-03-09 006Mumsy, Don and I headed out to Edinburgh (pronounced Edinburrah, not the way it looks) early on Tuesday morning and arrived to a bright, sunny day. Taking advantage of the unusually good weather, I decided to take them to tour the castle first (after a brief stop to take a few pictures of Old Town from New Town).

9-03-09 007

Me taking a picture of Mom taking a picture of Don

9-03-09 004

9-03-09 001

9-03-09 009

Cockburn Street leading from Waverly Station up up UP to High Street

Since I had already been to the castle, I let Mom and Don wander around and look at things while I played with my fancy new camera. For more information on the castle, check out the previous blog. I must say I LOVE my new camera (Canon Powershot SX10 IS) and also love that Don can tell me how to use it. I’ve included a few of my better pictures:

9-03-09 012

9-03-09 015

9-03-09 016

After the castle we decided to call the apartment company with whom we rented an apartment to come let us in. Unfortunatley they were not answering their phone, so instead we had a nice lunch at Deacon Brodie’s Tavern and Mumsy shopped at MANY stores. When we still hadn’t heard from the apartment guy 2 HOURS LATER a very nice man took Mumsy down to the City Council office to try and find out how to deal with our lack of room. Surprisingly enough, when the council office called the guy, he answered his phone and gave some excuse how his phone must be broken. Regardless, we finally got into the apartment around 4 pm. Apartment rental seems to be a really great idea while in Edinburgh and I would totally recommend it. Our apartment was directly on the Royal Mile and had a full kitchen. For £15 we had breakfast for three both days and dinner one night. Just don’t rent from Advocates Apartments if you want to get in to your room without having the Council threaten the apartment manager. (To add insult to injury, the jerk gave us bad directions to Tesco (UK’s version of Walmart ) and Mumsy and I had to talk to Kevin in the rain to get better directions off the internet).

9-03-09 035

Rain, rain go away!

Since the weather decided to behave more like traditional Scottish Weather and downpour, we stayed in and hit the sack early in preparation for our bus trip to the Highlands the next morning. Check back later (probably Monday after we get back from London since I have to catch a train at 4:50 am which is 6 hours from now) for part two (We are the knights who say neee) of the Edinburgh Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment